People with a disability usually find it difficult to interact and engage in activities in a social setting. At iCare, we understand how much community participation can change a person’s well-being. For this reason, we strive to create the right environment to encourage social interaction.
Social, economic and community participation includes things like support to attend community-based activities and assistance to participate in social groups. The activities may take place in a range of locations such as in the community, in a centre or at a sporting venue.
Community Participation include;
- Attending a course or a class to pursue an interest
- Joining a club or social group
- Going on holidays, or just for a day out
- Attending a show or concert, or even just a trip to the movies
- Attending a camp
- Develop skills to get out and about – like using public transport
- Learning how to use social media