- Give back to the local community
- Volunteer and help strengthen community spirit, improve the lives of those in need, support young people and struggling families, and instil a spirit of civic pride and responsibility into your local area. You’ll gain a sense of achievement, fulfilment and self-esteem that’s unavailable elsewhere.
- Gain experience and skills. Build your resume
- Volunteering can provide you with all sorts of experiences, responsibilities and opportunities that would otherwise be unavailable. At iCare you can explore your own interests, talents and strengths in unique and exciting ways. The doors of employment will be opening up to you.
Corporate Volunteering partnerships are available
iCare offers Corporate volunteering programs that are mutually-beneficial partnerships between companies and the local community. For the companies, our programs give their employees new experiences and maturity beyond the normal work environment. When the employees return to work, they will have gained a broader perspective on the world and a deeper appreciation for society.
Disability workers volunteers
We offer a number of interesting volunteer opportunities to support the frail aged and younger people with disabilities; including accompanying them to social or medical appointments, taking them shopping or to social outings, calling or visiting them.
It doesn’t matter how much or how little time you have to give; there will be something for you. If you would like to dedicate anywhere from 20 minutes a week to three hours a fortnight, please contact us: +61 0400 998 755 or email@example.com
We collaborate and network with other charities and corporate entities to achieve common goals.
Collaborating with our organisation can mutually coordinate your work, thereby reducing duplication and disorganisation and increasing your programs’ productivity and efficacy. We want to establish links with other charities for mutual benefit of exchanging information, coordinating our respective programs, and perhaps even partnerships. If you would like to work with us please contact us.
Who can Volunteer ?
We are all about creating inclusion and if you are interested in empowering people with a disability to be equal and empowered citizens then we want you! We’re always looking for supportive and reliable volunteers, no matter how much or how little time you’re able to spare. No special skills or qualifications are necessary.
We welcome the following:
- We welcome individuals
- Families and Small Groups especially from diverse backgrounds
- Community Groups
- Corporate Volunteers
- School Groups
*We do require that any volunteers who are under the age of 16 are accompanied by an adult.
In the interest and well being of our clients, employees and other volunteers we also require that our volunteers hold some checks. Depending on where you are volunteering and for how long, we may ask you to provide the following details :
- A current police check
- A Working with Children check
- Approval for your name to be checked against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme list