iCare Community Services can assist you to identify a suitable accommodation service with the level of supports that you require living the life that you want, and to maintain your well-being. iCare Community Services is committed in our focus is on providing a range of high quality services for people with complex disabilities.
At iCare Community Services, we offer hope, certainty and trust through our commitment to working closely with families to provide high quality services that are suited to their needs and preferences. Our services are designed to maximise opportunities for people to reach their potential and lead full, active and healthy lives.
We offer a wide range of accommodation and individual support options for people with disability who have high and complex support needs, from a from a range of backgrounds and ages. We support people to as live independently as possible, either in their own homes or in a iCare Community Services managed home with supports that are tailored to their needs and preferences.
Our independent living supported accommodation services are located across the Sydney metropolitan area with good access to the communities around them.
Independent living with support
We will listen to what to what you are looking for in a home and provide information and support to help you choose the right services to suit your needs and preferences. We support people to be actively involved in developing their service plans and to enable people to maintain a leading role in decision making, planning and maintaining close relationships with their families and friends.
People who use our independent living services usually have lower support needs and receive support at various times of the day when they need it. Round the clock 24/7 support is generally not provided.
- Supports may include assistance and guidance with some tasks of daily living such as personal care, preparing meals and other general household tasks.
- The aim is to enable people to learn new skills, gain or maintain their independence.
People are encouraged and supported to access their community, go shopping, and maintain close relationships with family and friends and to participate in a wide range of recreational activities.
- People are supported to attend medical and other appointments.
- All support workers are well trained and supported through supervision and mentoring programs.
- Residents can access to a highly skilled and experienced team of therapists and nursing staff to assist with their medical and other support needs.
- The Health Services Team provides Nursing Support, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Psychology and Positive Behaviour Support.
- This service may also include ‘live-in-support’ model where a person with a disability chooses enter into a live-in arrangement with a support worker who can provide support over planned periods of time such as evenings and at night time.
- You may also be interested in learning about our planning support processes and adult health and therapy services.
For more information, our independent living supported accommodation services, call (02) 8006 1755 or firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.